Moscow Center for Gender Studies (MCGS)
RUSSIAN SUMMER SCHOOLS ON GENDRER STUDIES (RSSGS)
Zoya Khotkina, Natalia Pushkareva, Elena Trofimova
Woman Gender Culture. - M.: MCGS, 1999. - 368 p.
ISEPP RAS License ËÐ N 040887.
Present collection of papers and essays is based on results of work in two summer schools: 2nd and 3d Russian Schools on Women's and Gender Studies "Volga-97" and "Azov-98". Leading specialists as well as young scientists contributed to this book. Its contents will be interesting to psychologists and sociologists, economists and lawyers, philosophers and to all those to whom fate of women and perspectives of science in Russia are of concern.
(c) Z. Khotkina
(c) N. Pushkareva
(c) E. Trofimova
Part I. Theory and Methodology of Gender Studies
Part II. Women in Society
- Natalia Pushkareva. Gender Approach in Historical Research: Origin, Emergence, Methods, and Perspectives
- Serguei Oushakin. The Field of Gender Studies
- Elena Zdravomyslova, Anna Temkina. The Social Construction of Gender as Feminist Theory
- Elena Zdravomyslova, Anna Temkina. Feminist Epistemological Criticism: The Crisis of Social Understanding and the Search for a Way Out
- Andrey Sinelnikov. Expectation of Referent: Masculinity, Femininity, and the Politics of Gender Representation
- Elena Goroshko. Sex, Gender, Language
- Anna Kostikova. Feminism: Post-Modernist Exit
- Ludmila Popova. Psychological Studies and the Gender Approach
- Natalia Romanova. Sexual Violence: Gender Attitudes of Criminals and Victims
- Galina Brandt. "Why aren't you writing? Write yourself!" (Feminism and Post-Structuralism about the Woman's Body and a Woman's text)
Part III. Image of Women
- Natalia Rimashevskaya. Gender Relations in the Soviet and Post-Soviet Russia
- Tatiana Zhurzhenko. Context Analysis of the Status of Women in the Transitional Economy: In Search of a Feminist Epistemology
- Irina Kalabikhina. The Gender Factor in the Reproduction of Human Capital
- Olga Zdravomyslova-Stounina. Society through the Prism of Gender Perspective
- Irina Gorshkova, Galina Belyaeva. Professional Self-Analysis of Women's Faculty at MSU (Results of Surveys in 1998)
- Ludmila Popkova. Social and Legal Status of Women in the USA: History of the 20th Century
- Zoya Khotkina. Gains and Losses of the Last Decade of the 20th Century: Women's Rights in the Russian Context of Human Rights
- Elena Ivanova. Understanding of Women and their Rights
- Gulsara Tlenchieva. Women's Rights - Human Rights in Kazakhstan
- Olga Kamenchuk. Women's Charity and Philanthropy in Russia at the End of the 19th and the Beginning of the 20th Centuries
- Galina Ivanova. Women in Prison (Historical and Legal Aspects)
- Irina Savkina. Before and After the Ball: The History of Young Women in "Men's Literature" in the 1830s and 1840s
- Olga Berdova. Status and Role of Female Residents in Kostroma Province (19th - early 20th centuries)
- Philip Ross Bullock. Motherhood as a Metaphor for Mandatory Collectivization (Analysis of Andrei Platonov's Works)
- Maria Rutkenen. Perspectives of Using of Gender Methodology in Reading of Women's Autobiographies
- Igor Groshev. The Image of Women in Advertisement
- Oleg Domanov. Some Ethical Aspects of Feminism and Emancipation
- Konstantin Skokov. "Women'" Thoughts in "Men's" Culture
Dear Colleagues! We are pleased to announce that we have published a book "Woman Gender Culture" Edited by Zoya Khotkina, Natalia Pushkareva, Elena Trofimova.
Unfortunately, we do not have funds for distribution of this book, but it is available free-of-charge. If you or your colleagues are in Moscow, please call the MCGS (095) 125-6419 and drop in to pick it up.
You may obtain one copy for yourself and one for your university library.
We await you at MCGS!
Back to the previous page