ðóññêèé | deutsch | français
WOMEN'S MOVEMENT OF RUSSIA (WMR)
The Women's Movement of Russia is open to all to join it.
- Registered by Ministry of Justice of the RF on 22.11.1996
- Governing body of the WMR - Coordinating Council
- Chairwoman E.F.Lakhova
- The WMR has branches in 62 subject regions of the Russian Federation and 194 collective members.
- The WMR publishes a monthly paper, Zhenschiny Rossii (Women of Russia) (catalogue subscription index ÀÏÐ 34277), and participates in the publication of the scientificand-theoretical journal Women in the Russian Society. Digest of "Women of Russia" (only in Russian)
- The WMR cooperates with women's and other public organizations and parties, which uphold the interests of women, family and children, and with legislative and executive authorities.
Additional Information can be obtained at the following address:
103009, Moscow, Bolshaya Dmitrovka, 7/5, Room 309.
Thelephones: 007 (095) 292-54-13
Fax: 007 (095) 292-85-44
- Promotion of the development of a genuinely civilized society in which human FREEDOM, DIGNITY AND SECURITY will by absolute life values and norms.
- Implementation of the constitutional principle of the equal rights, liberties and equal opportunities for men and women.
- Enhancement of the participation of women in the social and political life of Russia and promotion of their advancement on to all the levels of power.
The main purport of the WMR's social and political activities is
- to defend HUMAN rights and liberties.
- to defend the rights of WOMEN as an integral constituent part of general human rights.
- to support the FAMILY as a community which is called upon to provide the most favorable conditions for the person's life, activity and self-realization:
- Public and government support to the family;
- Provision of the social guarantees;
- Equality of the family rights and duties of the men and women.
to develop various economic and civil initiatives leading to the formation of the CIVIL SOCIETY:
- Restraining social inequality;
- Creating the conditions to ensure the well-being based on work for the economically active members of the society;
- Promoting the disabled people integration into the society;
- Preserving free services in the areas of education, health protection and culture.
to facilitate development of strong STATE capable of ensuring human rights protection and realization, stimulating economic growth, guaranteeing social and national security;
- Formation of the mechanism of social partnership between the civil society and state structures:
- Development of local self-government;
- Support to the domestic manufacturer;
- Reduction of unemployment, creation of new jobs;
- Social guarantees in the area of employment and work payment;
- Enhancement of social guarantees to maintain a normal living standard for disabled members of the society, children, retired and invalid people.
- Creation of the condition allowing men and women equally to combine their professional and family responsibilities.
- Raising women's social status.
- Legal enlightenment activity, establishment of schools of woman leaders.
- Participation in the law-making process to ensure that the interests of women, family and children are taking into account more adequately.
- Drawing the attention of the government, public and commercial structures, mass media to the problems of violation of the rights of women, family, children.
- Promotion of women's entrepreneurship..
Main areas of the Activities
Conferences, seminars, round-table meetings devoted to social important problems, first of all the problem of the women's rights, to be held at the regional and local levels.
Participation in the work of the Commission for the impowerment of the women's standing to be carried out at the federal, regional and local levels.
Protection of the interest of women, family and children via mass media.
Regular Domain of Equal Opportunity and Woman's View: the Woman of the Year and the Man of the Year contests
Signing of the Charter of Women's Solidarity and implementation of its objectives at the federal, regional and local levels.
Expansion of cooperation with the international women's movement.