Regional Public Organization “East-West: Women’s Innovation Projects”
Organization has been registered in 1993, is working at present as informational analytic agency, and is leader in introduction of gender approach. Agency is realizing collection/selection and target distribution of information: news on gender issues, annotations of publications, monographs, researches, reports, statistic reviews. Agency is also realizing projects in the sphere of gender education. The main tool in the work of agency – informational and communicational technologies.
Assistance to building a
prosperous democratic society of equal rights and opportunities for men and
women through changing of stereotypes of social awareness by means of
informational and educational activities.
1. Integration of gender approach into:
- 1.1. processes of making of social, economic and political decisions;
- 1.2. processes of forming of social awareness;
- 1.3. processes of science and education development;
2. Creation of adequate conception of international community about the situation in the sphere of gender equality in Russia Federation.
TASKS OF RPO “Vostok-Zapad: ZhIP”:
1.1. To assist to women’s promotion to power through:
1.1.1. Rendering of informational space
1.1.2. Informational support for women who are ready to go to power
1.1.3. Rendering of analytical information on gender subjects to persons participating in decision making;
1.1.4. Distribution of results of the monitoring on gender component in programs of political parties and movements to stimulate its involvement;
1.2.1. Intensification of public discussion through
- increase of publications number
- involvement into power
- “opinion leaders”
- persons who influence on decision making
1.2.2. Providing access to informational resources for mass media;
1.3.1. Providing access to informational resources for representatives of science and education
1.3.2. Creation of informational resources for scientists and teachers/students
2.1. Regular informing of mass media and international organizations about improvement of the situation.
Since 1994, ZhIP realized its programs under support of the German women’s Foundation “Frauen-Anstiftung”, since 1997 – under support of Heinrich-Boell-Foundation. Those programs were directed at creation and development of informational resources for women, establishing of informational exchange and consolidation of relations with international women’s movement.
RPO “Vostok-Zapad: ZhIP” has two registered mass media:
1. Site “Open Women Line” (Mass Media Registration Certificate El N 77-2768) – today it developed into informational portal on subject “Woman and Society” – with weekly dispatching of informational digests - http://www.owl.ru
2. Social and educational magazine “Woman Plus…” (1500 copies) http://www.owl.ru/win/womplus/
Specialists of organization:
Babich Natalia - president of ZhIP, IT specialist;
Grishina Galina - general director of ZhIP;
Denisova Alla - editor, ph D.;
Rilnikova Irina - magazine main editor;
Leikina Elena - accounter;
PROJECTS of “East-West: Women’s Innovation Projects” 1994-2003
RPO "East-West: ZhIP" collaborates with following organizations:
Information Center of Independent Women's Forum (Moscow),
non-commercial partnership "Focus" (Moscow),
Consortium of Women's non-governmental Organizations (Moscow),
The Kola Peninsula Congress of Women (Murmansk),
Women's Public Organization "Femina"(Naberzhnye Chelny),
Electronic Documentation Center (Moscow region),
Center "Contemporary Woman" (Moscow),
The Movement of Russian Women (Moscow) etc.
Women's information network (Moscow).